I hate sleeping. I find it strange how we’re designed to shut down for 5 – 12 hours, and have hallucypnotic (a combination of hallucinatory and hypnotic) tricks played on us by our beloved organ, the brain. Sleep equals zero productivity, and I am a workaholic in the sense that any accomplishment comes from ‘doing’. But ‘doing’ is a broad word to define, and most of the time my ‘doing’, is really just thinking.
So I’m not sure if I’m being hypocritical here, or not.
However I thought I’d share with you thoughts plaguing my brain at the moment.
- How powerful is a thought? Is it powerless until established as an action, or are some thoughts meant to remain confined in this non-physical realm of conscience?
- Some careers seem designed to promote a sense of elitism, and nothing more, which is rather sad considering the potential each of us have.
- Slam poetry is like heroin, you ache to perform, but once you get to the stage your heart races to infinity and the shakes set you off balance.
- How are there homeless people in NZ, and why does the image of the old man selling seashells for $1, with notes of goodwill written onto them, still plague me?
- David Farrier said“hey” to me and it was rad.
- I’m jealous of those who have no public display of their track record to success, and I want to know when personal success tips into the real world.
- Or perhaps there is no tipping point, and worlds collide.
- I really need to learn more Chinese.
- And WordPress.
- And code.
- I hope China receives my paperwork soon, and will let me back there within a month.
- Being carless feels horrible.
- Thinking starts off meaningful, and deteriorates quickly into this mess.
- I’m hungry.
- Must stay awake.
Sometimes, words of maddening clarity appear, and I take action and write these thoughts down in an intricately compelling manner.
I’m sorry to say readers, tonight is not that night.
I think I’m writing this to show myself what a real ‘to-do’ list looks like.
Or maybe it’s simply to say I have ‘done’ something.
How do you feel about sleep? Do you caress your bed like a lover, and mold into it? Or stay awake like myself, and see that our punishment is gazing at the stars?
More importantly, what have you ‘done’ today?